Welcome to Manchester Futsal Club Blog

Manchester Futsal Club Blog will bring you all of the latest talking points and features from the world of futsal. Check out news items, videos, coaching tips and futsal products that Manchester Futsal Club have recommended and share these with your futsal community.

Tuesday 1 December 2009

Why FIFA and UEFA are supporting Futsal?


There are a few reasons football governing bodies got behind futsal.
It seems that the growth of Futsal illustrated by the growing numbers of entries for the FIFA Futsal Cup. A total of 46 countries entered for Spain 1996 but this figure increased to 70 for Guatemala 2000, 86 for Chinese Taipei 2004 and 96 for Brazil 2008. From commercial point of view FIFA wishes to develop an exciting and lucrative version of indoor football that has appeal for spectators and is attractive to sponsors and broadcasters.
As we also know that Futsal has helped to develop some of the greatest football players in the word. Consequently FIFA is using futsal as a Technical Development as their sees futsal can make a contribution to the technical development of football players.

Let's see what world football players and coaches had to say about futsal.

Luiz Scholari has commented ‘Futsal is a good starting point for a footballer, we need to take advantage of what Futsal has to offer – namely the lightning speed with which it is played’.

Robinho: "Futsal helped me a lot, a lot of things I do on the pitch today stem from my days playing Futsal," reckoned Robinho. "It is a really enjoyable way of playing football and increasing your skills. Even now when I go home for my holidays I like to play.

Deco: "Many things from my way of playing came from futsal. I don't control the ball like this [points at the instep of his right foot], I step on the ball because in futsal it's normal.

Ronaldinho: "It's helped me a lot because in futsal it's all short passes and on a football pitch it's totally different - you have more time to think. "When I was little we always played futsal and now it's easy to control the ball in short spaces. The way I control the ball, that's where it's helped me a lot."

Zidane: "The technique of playing futsal is different to the eleven-a-side version; there are spectacular things you can attempt in futsal that you would not dare trying in football. It adds more fun to the discipline."

Messi: "In Argentina, when I was a young boy, I used to play a lot of Futsal. It was a really nice game that's helped me a great deal.

No comments: